Hey guys! Remember when I announced that I would post on Mondays? Then I said I would make Mondays DIY days? Yeah? Good. 'Cause that takes place now. Today I am going to show you how to make your own magnets. The examples are kind of old because I took them while making magnets for my teacher's end of the year gift. Without further ado, here is the tutorial:
- Modge Podge
- Magnets (circular )
- E-600 glue (I used tacky glue, but this is supposed to work better)
- Flat bottom glass marbles
- Scrapbook paper
- Choose some cool scrapbook paper with a design you want put on your magnets. I don't know if this would work with photos or not.
- Lay your marble over the design. Does it fit? Cut out the design, leaving a decent sized border. It's better to have too much paper than not enough.
- Put Modge Podge on the flat side of your marble.
- Stick your marble onto the design you want.
- Wait. My magnets took about thirty minutes. Wait until you see almost no modge podge through the marble, and cannot move your marble. (The last one is important for the next step)
- Cut the paper around your marble.
- Put glue on the magnets and add it to the marble.
- Let it dry and ta-da! Your magnets are done!
(For some unknown reason I took no pictures of the finished result?!)