Monday, August 11, 2014

How to make your own shampoo and conditioner

Okay. So if you guys know anything about me, you know I'm addicted to pinterest.  (Follow me! I thinks it's either smileyfacesara or KatnissStone) So, for some odd reason I decided I wanted to learn how to make my own Shampoo and Conditioner, because let's face it. Normal shampoos have a LOT of chemicals. Anyways, I got on Pinterest and searched and found a lot of interesting things. Most of these things had coconut milk, oil (do you even realize how oily my hair is?), or some other ingredient that I would have to leave the house to buy. Then, I found the magic recipe! I took two ingredients that everybody should contain to make. Baking soda and water. Plus, it came with an adjoining conditioner recipe. So here's how to make it:  


  1. Clean out a bottle (it could be an old shampoo bottle or a water bottle) 
  2. Put a cup of water in the bottle
  3. add a tablespoon of baking soda 
  4. Shake
Conditioner:
  1. Clean out another bottle
  2. Put a cup of water in the bottle
  3. add a tablespoon of lemon juice
  4. Shake
Ta-da! There you have it!
I have to admit I was skeptical if it would work, but my hair feels really clean, and it's nice to know what I'm putting in my hair.