Friday, February 6, 2015

Towers: A Poem by Katniss Stone

Towers
By Katniss Stone
My life is a tower
I build myself up
I build too tall
My tower gets unstable
And then I fall

What can I do
Now that I've fallen
Do I build myself up
If I know I'm going to fall again

I don't know how high I can build
Before I will tumble, crumble, down
Should I build to low
Or should I build to high

Once, I fall
I have to build again
Piece by piece
Brick by brick
Building my tower

-----------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading my free verse poem! Before we finish I want to make note that this poem was largely inspired by my friend, who gave me permission to post this as long as I referred to her as "that one cool person." This poem is kind of how I've been feeling right now, and I thought maybe you'd relate. 
Hugs and Virtual Cookies,
Katniss Stone