Wednesday, January 20, 2016

2016 Check in


Hello!
So this morning we had a two hour delay and after I slept my extra hour, I spent the next one self-analyzing.  In my mind -- for whatever reason -- I have already pegged this year as off to a bad start, but after this morning I realize that I'm doing pretty well for myself. 
Anyways, this year I've decided to do a little analysis each month and since I'm too impatient to wait until the end of January, I decided to do it now.
The first thing I've done is accomplish 2 of my mini-goals.  The first one is watching Shadowhunters (which is absolutely fabulous by the way; review to come soon) and the other one is getting noticed by someone I admire.  (Yesterday Christine Riccio noticed me on instagram #booksenpai) 
Now since it is so early on in the year, there's no way of telling how well my main goals are going to be in the end, but here's how they're doing right now.
1. Declutter - this one's going about as well as it did last year.  My life is still a mess, but hopefully we'll work on the mess later on.
2. STOP Procrastinating - I'm procrastinating this one, so we'll see
3. Journal - while I've found that asking myself to journal everyday is a bit much (especially with procrastination being a big issue in my life) but I try to journal at least once a week.  I've found the journaling has helped my emotional growth so far because there are less pent up emotions and I think I'll like looking back on the entries in the future. 
4. Figure out what I want to do with my hair - I've actually accomplished this one!  I was spending a lot of time last year thinking about what I wanted to do with my hair.  This year I decided to cut it all off and I have to say, I love it. (Also before anyone asks, I donated 20 of the 24 inches cut off to Wigs For Kids)
before cutting off all my hair

after cutting off all my hair 
5. Be Creative - I don't know how to define creativity but, sure, let's say I'm doing that. 
6 and 7. Start jars for memories and accomplishments - *see STOP Procrastinating 
8. Take better care  of my mental health - I think I'm doing okay with this one... This month I'm doing a beauty thing with a tumblr bud (who politely asked not to be named) where I'm not wearing makeup or anything to keep my focus off of external beauty and I think I like doing that. 

That's what I've gotten done so far, we'll see how far I get. 

Also! I have another followers census out so please remember to take that:

Hugs and Virtual Cookies,
Katniss Stone